Welcome to our website
ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF SIN?
is a close relationship between our deeds
and their consequences; just as there is between
our free will and the choices we make. The
human race was put on a trial period all those
many years ago back in the Garden of Eden. Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the
knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not
eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest
thereof thou shalt surely die. [KJV] So, what did Adam and Eve do? They were
born with a free will, the same as we are.
Did they choose to obey God? NO! Would we
have obeyed? I doubt it!
did not originally intend that mankind should
die. But, when the devil so subtly tempted
Eve, and she ate, and offered it to Adam,
and he ate, they both had disobeyed God’s
command. God never lies! He told them that
IF they ate the fruit of that one particular
tree, they would most certainly die. What
is death? It is simply separation. Physical
death is separation of the body and soul (2
Cor.5:8), spiritual death is separation from
God (Rom.8:6; Jam.5:20), and eternal death
is eternal separation from God
Thes.1:8-9). So, Adam and Eve died, but how
did they die? They died spiritually.
They were separated from God (Gen.3:7-11).
Before their sin, they had walked in the garden
together with the Lord. After their sin, they
were afraid and wanted to hide from God. Their
beautiful fellowship with God had ended. They
were estranged from Him, all because they
had chosen to exercise their free will, and
made a wrong decision. They sinned! They had
the consequences of that sin looming over
them the rest of their lives.
too are born spiritually dead, separated from
God because of that original sin back in the
Garden of Eden. Ephes.
2:1-2 And you hath he quickened, who
were dead in trespasses and sins;  Wherein
in time past ye walked according to the course
of this world, according to the prince of
the power of the air, the spirit that now
worketh in the children of disobedience:
are born that way, but we do NOT have to stay
2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through
faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the
gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man
should boast. [KJV]
can be "born again" into the family
of God. John
1:12-13 But as many as received him,
to them gave he power to become the sons of
God, even to them that believe on his name:
 Which were born, not of blood, nor of
the will of the flesh, nor of the will of
man, but of God. [KJV]
we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, He has
the power to place us into the family of God.
We are spiritually reborn! We no longer are
separated from God. Jesus has made us God’s
friends; we no longer are God’s enemies. Romans
5:10 For if, when we were enemies,
we were reconciled to God by the death of
his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall
be saved by his life. [KJV] Jesus death
on the cross bridged the gap between God and
us. We are now spiritually alive; God’s children,
DIFFERENT ‘DEATHS’ IN THE BIBLE?
indeed several ‘kinds’ of death mentioned
in the Bible. First there is PHYSICAL
It is simply
the termination of physical life. Physical
death is called:
up the ghost. Genesis 25:8; 35:29; Lamentations
1:19; Acts 5:10;
of terrors. Job 18:14.
change. Job 14:14.
to the fathers. Genesis 15:15; 25:8; 35;29;
off this tabernacle. 2 Peter 1:14.
the soul. Luke 12:20.
the way whence there is no return. Job
unto his people. Genesis 49:33.
down into silence. Psalm 115:17.
to dust. Genesis 3;19; Psalm 104:29.
cut down. Job 14:2.
as a shadow. Job 14:2.
Deut.31:16; Job 7:21; 14:12; Jeremiah
51:39; Daniel 12:2; John 11:11; Acts 7:60;
13:36; 1 Cor.15:6; 15:51; 1 Thes,4:14-15.
grave is "the gates of death."
Job 38;17; Psalm 9:13; 107:18.
The second ‘kind’ of death
is SPIRITUAL DEATH.
It too is found in many places in the Bible. Spiritual death is called:
- Alienation from God. Ephesians 4:18.
- Carnal-mindedness. Romans 8:6.
- Walking in trespasses and sins. Ephesians 2:1; Col.2:13.
- Spiritual ignorance. Isaiah 9:2; Matthew 4:16; Luke 1:79; Ephesians 4:18.
- Unbelief. John 3;36; 1 John 5:12.
- Living in pleasure. 1 Tim.5:6.
- Hypocrisy. Rev.3:1-2.
- A consequence of a fall. Romans 5:15.
- The state of all men by nature. Romans 6:13; 8:6.
- The fruits of spiritual death is dead works. Hebrews 6:1; 9:14.
- We are called to rise from it. Ephesians 5:14.
- Deliverance from, only through Christ. John 5:24-25; Ephesians 2:5; 1 John 5:12.
- Loving the brethren, proof of being raised from. 1 John 3:14.
death is depicted in Ezekiel 37:1-14 and Luke
‘kind’ of death spoken of in the Bible is ETERNAL DEATH.
- The inevitable consequence of sin. Romans 6:16,21; 8:13; James1:15.
- The wages of sin. Romans 6:23.
- The portion of the wicked. Matthew 25:41, 46; Romans 1:32.
- The way to eternal death described. Psalm 9:17; Matthew 7:13.
- Self-righteousness leads to. Proverbs 14:12.
- God alone can inflict it. Matthew 10:28; James 4:12.
DEATH IS DESCRIBED AS:
- Separated from God's Presence forever. 2 Thes. 1:9.
- Association with the devil. Matthew 25:41.
A lake of fire. Rev.19:20; 21:8.
- The worm that dies not. Mark 9:44.
- Outer darkness. Matthew 25:30.
- A mist of darkness forever. 2 Peter 2:17.
- Indignation, wrath. Romans 2:8-9.
- Separated from God’s Presence forever. 2 Thes. 1:9
- Association with the devil. Matthew 25:41
- A lake of fire. Rev. 19:20; 21:8
- The worm that dies not. Mark 9:44
- Outer darkness. Matthew 25:30
- A mist of darkness for ever. 2 Peter 2:17
- Indignation, wrath. Romans 2:8-9
DEATH IS CALLED:
- Destruction. Romans 9:22; 2 Thes.1:9.
- Perishing. 2 Peter 2:12.
- The wrath to come. 1 Thes.1:10.
- The second death. Rev.2:11.
- A resurrection to damnation. John 5:29.
- A resurrection to shame. Daniel 12:2.
- Damnation of Hell. Matthew 23:33.
- Everlasting punishment. Matthew 25;46.
- Shall be inflicted by Christ. Matthew 25: 31,41; 2 Thes.1:7-8.
- Christ the only way to escape from. John 3:16; 14:6; 8:41; Acts 4:12.
- Strive to preserve others from. James 5:20.
death is depicted in Luke 16:19-31.
Physical death is simply separation of the body and soul. 2 Cor. 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. [KJV]
Upon our death, our soul goes immediately back to God. Eccles. 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. [KJV] . . . If we are a believer in Jesus, we are allowed access to Heaven. If we are an unbeliever and have rejected Jesus, that soul goes to Hades to await judgment, Hell and eternal death.
We ALL are spiritually dead until we accept Jesus as our Saviour and Lord. Once we accept Him, we are revived and are given life. John 3:15-18 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [KJV] John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. [KJV]
All who refuse to believe God and reject His one and only Way of salvation (Jesus), are eternally dead and will have as their eternal home the agony of Hell. John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. [KJV]
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. [KJV]
1 John 5:10-12 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.  He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. [KJV] . . . All who refuse to believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don't believe what God has testified about His Son. God has made eternal life possible to everyone! But, this life is only in His Son. Whosoever has God's Son has life; whosoever rejects His Son does not have life.
Abortion is Murder
. . . BLTO . . .
Consequences of Sin
Homosexuality is a SIN
Lusting After Riches
Not Believing God or His Holy Word
Satan's Work, BEWARE!